Davaar Country Holiday Home is a spacious, well equipped, warm and comfortable home set in a secluded private garden with expansive lawn, located in a magnificent rural setting with superb views of farmland and surrounding Fiordland Mountains.
Our Holiday Home is a comfortable and homely Holiday Home with open plan living and a well equipped kitchen for you to enjoy.
It is ideal for families, couples, fishermen and hunters wanting to explore Fiordland and its many attractions, which include: Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound, Te Anau Glow-worm Caves, Lake Te Anau, Lake Manapouri, Mavora Lakes, Milford, Kepler, Hollyford, Routeburn, Greenstone and Caples Tracks… We are within an easy drive to the Oreti, Mararoa and Waiau Rivers, which are some of Southland's renown rivers.
Disponible para huéspedes
The house will be unlocked with the key on the bench for your use.
Please remember to leave house locked with key back on the bench when you leave.
Atención a los huéspedes
I will phone or visit briefly on your day of arrival to see if you need anything.
Otros aspectos destacables
This property is a cherished Holiday Home and we really appreciate that you also treat it as such.
We also have a Holiday Home in Arrowtown in Otago. It is also listed on Airbnb titled Arrowtown Retreat On The Park
Welcome to Davaar Country Holiday Home
• Check in anytime from 2pm or via prior arrangement with owners. The house will be unlocked with the key on the bench for your use whilst here.
• Please stay within the section. Do not go wandering in the paddocks and disturbing the sheep and cattle.
• Could you refrain from wearing pointed heals/stilettos, as they damage the floor.
• Absolutely NO smoking inside.
• Fire extinguisher is located in the laundry.
• For hygiene reasons please sleep between the two sheets not between one sheet and the duvet.
• All the beds are made up ready for your arrival. We provide towels, bathmats, facecloths, hand-towels, tea towels as well as extra blankets, duvets and pillows.
• We provide some toilet paper. Bring your own if you are staying for a while.
• The washing machine is a top loader. You will need to purchase your own powder
• We provide liquid for washing the dishes and dishwasher powder.
• Please note that NO food is provided i.e milk etc. and suggest you ‘stock up’ at the supermarket prior to arrival.
• You can purchase fresh farm eggs from me @ $8/doz, just let me know prior.
• Please leave the barbeque on the grass as the fat stains the concrete.
• The switch for the dishwasher is on the end of the island bar.
• If there is a power failure a battery lantern light can be found
in the rubbish cupboard by the kitchen. You can cook on the fire in the kitchen by using a saucepan or fry pan. The telephone in the kitchen will work.
• Use the pinecones for lighting the fire only & wood to keep it going.
• Let us know if there are any breakages or if something is not working.
• The Deposit payment acknowledges acceptance by you of your responsibility to pay for any damage caused to Davaar Country Holiday Home or its contents. For this reason we require a visa or MasterCard number, expiry date and three digit code on back of card as security.
• The telephone number at the house is: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (it has a toll bar on it). There is no mobile coverage at the house, however there is 1 minute back down the road towards Mossburn.
• Rubbish: Tie up bag and leave in the garage through the laundry.
• Check out time is 10am
• On leaving ensure everything is switched off especially electric blankets.
• Please lock all doors and windows and leave the key on the kitchen bench.
• Please leave the property as you found it, we do expect guests to have left the kitchen clean and tidy with dishes washed and put away. Thank-you.