Our comfortable and private one bedroom guest house with full kitchen is ideal for small families, couples seeking a retreat or individuals visiting sunny central Marin. Our location is a great launch point to experience Marin's beaches or trails, San Francisco or wine country.
Our peaceful and quiet guest house was remodeled with wide plank hardwood floors, custom cabinetry and built-ins, granite and marble counters, coolstone walls, and other decorator touches. It is a comfortable and well-equipped zen retreat set amongst the trees for ultimate privacy and tranquility. The space easily accommodates 3 adult guests or families with young children.
The guest house includes:
• Queen pillowtop mattress in bedroom
• Leather full-sized pullout sofabed in living room
• Full kitchen with all the essentials (new refrigerator, gas stovetop, convection oven/microwave oven combo, toaster oven)
• French press coffee maker, electric coffeemaker, electric kettle, coffee and tea
• Patio-sized electric barbecue for outdoor grilling during your stay
• Three piece bathroom with glass enclosed shower, colorful glazed floor tiles, and marble countertop
• All the overnight essentials (sheets, blankets, pillows, towels, soap)
• Four person dining table
• Built-in desk and bookshelves stocked with books and games
• Central air conditioning and heat
• 32" Smart HDtv with cable and premium channels (HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc.) in living room
• Wireless internet
• Convenient street parking
• Private, separately-keyed entrance
• Approximately 700 square feet of living space
• Pack-n-play, toys and small toddler high chair available upon request
Disponible para huéspedes
Guests access the guest house at the carport/street level of the home. Sounds of the serene fountain can be heard as you approach the guest house front door. The guest house can be locked and your valuables secured while staying with us. Guests may use a small patio with electric barbecue for relaxing in the shade or outside grilling.
Atención a los huéspedes
We live in the main home a few dozen steps down from the guest house. There are gates, trees and a patio that keep the guest house and main home separate, quiet and private. We will help you access the unit at check-in and will be available most of the time to help with questions or otherwise assist you during your stay. No question is too small during your stay- please reach out, you are never a bother.
Otros aspectos destacables
There are two young kids and a dog living in the main house. Given the separation of the two houses, it's very quiet. The dog is a Goldendoodle named Clementine and she does not enter or come into guest areas. Clementine is more lover than barker.
We have a pack and play, kids books and toys and a spare high chair if needed on request.
No additional overnight guests (beyond 4)
Dave and I are married with two young girls (6 and 3). Dave works in San Francisco in IT and I am taking a break from my career as a lawyer while our girls are young. We love gardening and hiking, and are avid tennis players and fans. We love to travel and explore our area and abroad. Dave has lived in this part of Marin for over 20 years, so he can recommend a lot of great things to do and see while a guest in our little guest house.
We like to give our guests all the privacy and quiet that they desire- especially since our houses are detached and private. However, we're always available to answer questions and help our guests.